Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tastes Like Summer

Hello friends! Today is our first food post! Since it's summer, I now have a little bit more time on my hands so my blender has become my new best friend... and what's better than some homemade watermelon sorbet! 


Step One:
Scoop out the inside of a watermelon and place it in a tray to freeze. If you can get defined squares of watermelon its better because then everything wont mush together.


Step Two:
Once frozen, scoop out the chunks into the bowl you desire to use. This can get kind of tricky and you may have to let it thaw just a tiny bit to make it easier.


Step Three:
Fill your desired bowl with the chunks until it is completely full, if not slightly overflowing.


Step Four:
Dump the contents of the bowl into the blender and blend away.

Step Five:
Blend until all chunks are gone!


Scoop it out of the blender into your bowl,


add some lime (it really brings out the flavor!),


and enjoy!! I topped it off with some coconut shavings from Whole Foods, but you can add anything you like!! This is my new favorite thing so I thought I'd share it. It's so yummy and guilt-free! Xoxo, Krista.


No comments:

Post a Comment